Friday, October 10, 2008

Prayer Today is for a Boost in White Blood Cells

Today was so much better than yesterday. After my platelets transfusion, I woke up to the news that my platelets were at 85k, an incredible jump from 14K! My hemoglobin (red blood cells) were at 8 which was actually up from 7.6, but I had 2 units of red blood waiting for me so I received those transfusions today. I always feel better after my tank gets refilled. Hopefully, my hemoglobin will be at least 10 at the Sat a.m. check. Guess what time they come in to take that? Somewhere between 4:30 and 5 a.m. I can usually go back to sleep until 6 a.m.

My nurse T. was wonderful today. I really enjoy getting to know all the nurses and call them all my "favorite," but there are a special handful that I call my short list favorites -- those nurses I would request to be MINE, if I know they're going to be on duty. They let you keep your nurse for 3 days in a row which is nice, especially when you just LOVE them. You short-list nurses reading this know who you are :)

Times of suffering causes us all to be closer to the Lord. Psalm 46:1-2 says, God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." Even before I was a Christian, I prayed prayers with an honest desire to know if God was real - and He powerfully answered those prayers. He is so faithful, even when we are not!

So whether you believe a little or a lot, would you ask God for more faith as you pray for me that my white blood cells would make a miraculous jump higher this weekend?

Thank you for your prayers, and if you have never accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, all I ask is that you keep honestly, humbly seeking the truth. Ask God to show you. The one, true God always answers prayers that are in line with His will. Some day I'll share with you how I sought the Truth, asking things like "why am I here? There has to be more to this life than what I see." Those questions began for me when I was only 5 years old! I kept seeking throughout my life, wound up in the wrong places at times, but kept honestly seeking. I accepted Christ at the age of 21 through a series of events that the Lord led me through to draw me to Himself. The coolest part is that He was seeking me first! 1 John 4:19 says, "We love because he first loved us. " I'll save the juicy details of my story for a future post!

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13

No comments: