Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Long Overdue Update: Believing God More!

I have been so super busy that I haven't had a moment to update the blog in a couple months! Quick update on Maria, the Russian orphan with down syndrome that our friends the Zuzunagas are adopting and which I posted about earlier when we were helping to raise funds for the adoption. Well, they are embarking this week to return to Russia and bring her home! Her adoption went through last week before a judge and everything went smoothly thanks to the prayers of many.

I continue to be healed. At one point I had given up hope that I could ever be 100% whole again with the strength and abilities I once had. Since then, I started attending a new ministry which was launched recently by Naomi Van Wyk called Believing Women. It's a wonderful gathering of beautiful women, inside and out, who love the Lord and each week we worship Jesus and are given a great message of encouragement to encounter the Living God and awaken to our true calling, purpose and destiny.

You can find them on Facebook and at believingwomen.com We meet twice a month, and despite my busy schedule, it's the one thing I make extreme effort to attend because who wouldn't want to encounter the Living God and be filled in a deep and meaningful way? The Holy Spirit is definitely present and going there affects me as I learn to BELIEVE God more and more and see Him do big things in my life following that belief. Wow.

So, I started attending that and decided I had faith in God, but I had lost my belief in the fact that He does want to heal me. Whether it is immediate, over time or once in Heaven, He WILL heal me and it is way more possible for him to do so when I am believing than when I'm not. Believing him prepares me to receive it. So that's what I did. I asked Him specifically for strength and healing. I believe it. That week I was completely motivated to begin the journey I need to take for weightloss. A scary venture since the whole reason I had gained so much weight in the past 2 years was due to comfort. I had been in so much pain and suffering that food was the only physical pleasure that relieved it, even for 10 minutes. I became addicted and now I'm at the point where I'm totally unsatisfied with the results of that addiction. I had believed the lie that it didn't matter, that it feels good and that ignorance is bliss. Well, time to go back to what worked for me before which was the Prism Weighloss Program, a Christian-oriented program of transformation of beliefs in order to restore you to the true you. There was no group meeting in my town so I created one and put the word out. I believed I would have 5 members and thanked the Lord for it before I saw that reality. Faith is believing in what we can't see, right? Well, God came through and moved 5 people to join within a week. We have been meeting for just over 2 weeks now and it's going well. It's a 6-week phase so I'll update you at the beginning of Phase 2.

The other way I saw God moving in my healing was when I started feeling motivated to take stairs and park further away instead of relying on my handicap placard all the time. It felt great to be able to do 3 flights stairs, twice and quickly, as I had been fearful that I couldn't do one. Past experiences do not dictate what we can do today. We have to put the past behind us and stop listening to the lies.

I also started exercising again on a fitness trampoline. I was enjoying it very much and on Saturday, tried to do it quickly in between activities and landed wrong, injuring my knee enough that I have had to take a break. Once it's healed I'll be back to my regular exercise routine. It was a lot of fun!

That's all for now...Be blessed today knowing how much Jesus LOVES you and if you are at the end of your rope and have lost hope, perhaps God has allowed this circumstance to give you the opportunity to turn to Him, now that you realize you can't do it on your own any more.
1 Peter 5:5b-7
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Love your blog! So true about how easy it is to believe the lies that Satan wants us to believe. But it's such a comfort knowing that God is SO much bigger, AND greater and can work miracles. I pray that you continue on your journey of eating healthy and exercise. You can do anything through Christ who gives you strength! God bless.

Krista English said...

Thank you for your encouragement and comments on my blog. I will continue on in Christ's strength and pray you experience God in a fresh way today as you spend time with Him.

Anonymous said...

Very nice read Krista, so glad you are starting to feel better, that is just great news to me. :-)

thinking of you & your family & now having FAITH you have had a wonderful holiday season so far (except for getting sick).

warm regards,

russbusby

Krista said...

Thanks for stopping by, Russ - it was nice hearing from you! We definitely had a wonderful time this year and are patiently waiting to feel back to ourselves after the present "Christmas virus."

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that your unrelenting,passionate, and tenacious faith and hope in Jesus is such a powerful message of encouragement and inspiration for all of those who suffer through any trial or dire circumstance. I admire your determination to live your life to the absolute fullest. I also admire your desire to minister help to those who struggle with any learning issues. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. recognizing God's faithfulness, and maintaining your compelling commitment to live life hanging on to Him and His Word while depending upon His strength and grace to carry you through. I praise God for you! By the way, you look GREAT!