Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 3: Start the rollercoaster

The roller coaster has started up again.  Krista told me this morning that the blood tests this morning have shown some inbalance in kidney function.  The doctors suspect that this is because of the antiviral and antibiotics she is taking, so they are changing those and possibly even reducing the amount of chemo she's getting.  On top of that she got another migraine.  Fortunately, they were able to alleviate the migraine by the end of the day.  She sounded better when I talked with her tonight, though a bit tired.  Still, she has to stay up til 10:30 when they'll start the fourth dose of chemo.  Hopefully tomorrow her blood tests will show some improvement.

Krista also said that they were going to change her room up to the 6th floor today, but something happened and they changed their minds.  I'm planning on going back down Saturday, without the boys, and hoping that she'll be in the new room by then so I can start to decorate it.  The rooms are very bland! The one bright point in the room right now is a beautiful quilt that one of the moms from our Boy Scout troop made for Krista on behalf of Troop 1.  Thanks so much Mary!

Trevor stayed home from school today due to a sore throat and a stuffy nose.  He's doing better now, with just a residual stuffy nose.  He thinks he'll be able to go to school tomorrow.
I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
(Psalm 18:1-2)

No comments: