Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 6: Pressure Changes

I forgot to mention last night that Krista was having unusually low blood pressure. I didn't sleep well because I wanted to make sure she didn't fall when she got up to use the restroom. She didn't have any problems with dizziness fortunately, and today her pressure stabilized. The endocrinologist has been making daily visits, and today he seemed confused about the blood pressure. He had reduced her hydrocortizone yesterday because he says that her adrenal glands are producing again. The amount that he reduced yesterday was very minimal and should not have had any effect. He ordered it to go back up today, just to be safe. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but her blood pressure seems to be doing better. Very strange.

Most of the day Krista slept. The nurses started her on some new medicines that are anti-rejection drugs. One of the side effects is stomach pain, which they treat with pain killers, which require anti-nausea drugs. All that makes one quite drowsy.  

I finally got the kids ride schedule worked out for this week.  It was a little complicated because of conflicts and last minute changes like a soccer game getting cancelled. We are so thankful that we have enough help to fill all the schedule gaps.  Thanks Terry, Nancy, Nora, and Bonnie! It's great to have the freedom to stay here with Krista since she's been having complications.  It's not that long until the transplant, which is coming up Wednesday.  
Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.
(Psalm 61:1-3)
 

No comments: