Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 42: An Answered Prayer

We're making slow steps toward finding out what's going on in Krista's body. She was told not to eat or drink after midnight last night, so I expected the procedure to be done in the early morning. It didn't happen until 2 pm. That ended up being ok, because it gave me time to pack up her things, since there was an opening on the 6th floor. Thank you, God! That's a direct answer to prayer. It is noticeably different up here. The staff is much more attentive.

Anyway, on her way to the biopsy one of the nurses told Krista there was good news... the results were back and 100% of the cells were the donors! I am just as confused as you are about what test was performed, since I thought that was something that would have come back from the bone marrow biopsy (which they hadn't performed yet).  I'll take the good news though. That just further confirms that the transplant was successful.

The colonoscopy and biopsies went well, but I don't have any results back yet. We'll have to wait at least until morning for that.  Krista's sleeping now. They're giving her a bag of platelets, even though her counts were pretty good. There may have been some extra blood or bruising caused by the procedure, so they're giving her platelets just to be safe. She's been dozing a lot since she got back. I think the anesthesia may take some time to wear off.
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
(Psalm 16:5-11)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying, praying and praying...