Friday, September 26, 2008

Just so you know, it's not all fun and games :)

I had a hard night from about 7:30-10:30 as my bowels were messed up and I was in a lot of pain and had to do some business with made me throw up. It was horrible, but God got me through it. My nurse's aide said, "oh, I'm so sorry you are suffering." And I said, "That's ok, I'm suffering for a good cause." After that, God relieved it all and I had a wonderful sleep last night, and this morning a great bowel experience (Too Much Info so I'll spare the details of that!) Needless to say, they are becoming more open to listening to me listen to my body where bowels are concerned and trying to do things the way I know they work for me, more naturally.

Pray they'll allow me to take my Shaklee Herblax as opposed to Senokot which doesn't work for me, so I have to take high doses of the stuff, then it swings me into pain and the opposite problem, and then they have to give me the opposite meds to stop that problem (leaving details out, but you can guess).

I love my doctors, but they are just afraid of natural things when they don't know how it works, and have no experience on possible interactions and have a lot of experience doing the same old protocol which is easy for them.

I'm hoping to get on Shaklee's Medline webpage and do the homework for them so they can see what if any contraindications there are. I think once they do that I can put them at ease at working with me. Pray for my doctor's heart that way to be open into learning something. I know he's busy and I understand his perspective and I certainly don't want to be foolish and get in the way of my treatment.

This morning my hemoglobin dropped to 7, maybe lower, so I got pretty woozy, lighheaded, and weak. I'm already hooked up to oxygen and the irradiated red blood cell transfusion is being given right now which makes me feel better immediately.

God bless the nurses, I love the variety of personalities I receive, even the challenging ones. And, enjoy your beautiful Friday out there!!!

No comments: