Saturday, September 27, 2008

A True Story from 6th Central

For the privacy of one of my new favorite nurses, I won't reveal her name, but let me tell you just what she shared with me tonight.

A couple of years ago there was an elderly patient named Guadalupe who suffered from Lymphoma and later died. Every time anyone walked into her room, no matter how much she was suffering with fevers or whatever, she would look up and say, "You know Jesus loves you."

Eventually, Guadalupe was near the end of her life and she told my nurse friend, "I want you to know that Jesus is here in every room." You see, as long as Guadalupe was on 6th Central, where I am now, she had literally been in every room at some point. My nurse friend asked her, "Guadalupe, what do you mean?" To which Guadalupe replied, "I've been in every room," and looking at the 10x10 inch tiles on the ceiling, she pointed at them and said, "I have prayed a prayer for each person who will be in these rooms for each of those tiles, and I want you to know and to tell them, that their room is covered by Jesus."

Amen Guadalupe, and thank you for sharing that story with me tonight, you know who you are...with permission I'll gladly edit your name in. Guadalupe was a patient in the time after I was in here originally, and I have to say I'm having a WHOLE different experience than the last time. Prayer is powerful, keep it up on my behalf, and I look forward to sharing more stories of victorious Christian living through suffering in days to come. "You know Jesus loves you." and so do I...

Ephesians 3:12-13 says "In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory."

3 comments:

~just me~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~just me~ said...

Wow! how precious! maybe you can carry on her call. :)

Anonymous said...

wow! I didn't know that story! Thanks for sharing. Heidi