Monday, September 29, 2008

Learning About the Impending Bone Marrow Transplant

Today, my doctor printed out a very informative paper from UpToDate which I linked to over on the links tab if you're interested in learning about this. You can do a search there for Bone Marrow Transplantation (stem cell transplantation) by Author Robert S. Negrin, M.D. It's really eye opening and will show you what I'm facing in the coming months. No fear though! Don't forget God's promises to me and how healthy I am going into this. I'm a great candidate and the success rate is so high for a cure with this procedure. If you're new to the blog, catch up and see all that the Lord has been doing and showing me from the beginning and you will lose that apprehension quick! :)

I had my last treatment today of chemo. Tiredness is more since, I presume, it's damaging my mitochondria (those little cell energy powerhouses) and I can't wait to rebuild after I'm home with Shaklee's Vivix which actually repairs DNA damage and builds mitochondria in the cell. Go to www.shaklee.net/mikeandkristaenglish to learn more about how it works - it's awesome!

I am neutropenic (which means 0 white blood cells) so please don't visit if you're sick or if you have been around someone sick in your family until you're sure you don't have it. I appreciate the precautions you're taking for me when you visit by wearing the mask they provide outside the door and sanitizing your hands. We're hoping to breeze through here without any infections!

I'll be in here for 2-3 more weeks while my bone marrow rebuilds, and in 2 weeks I'll get another bone marrow biopsy to check to make sure we got all the leukemia cells that were there - I'm pretty hopeful as one might can tell.

Psalm 27:13-14 "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

No comments: