Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lazybones

Nothing scheduled today. Nothing. How nice after such a busy week. So Krista and I both sort of took the day off to recharge while we can. We even got to sleep in and get a nap or two.

Since we weren't on the go, I finally had a chance to do some cooking in the common kitchen. We started off with scrambled eggs and boiled potato cubes -- made especially bland because everything tastes salty to Krista right now. The one thing that was missing was catchup, but it ended up being specially delivered by a wonderful angel. That angel was Jeanne who not only delivered our clean laundry here, but when she heard we were lacking a little condiment she went out of her way to go to the store for that little extra that just made the meal perfect. Thank you Jeanne, what a blessing you have been!

Back to business, today's schedule was a little different than a regular weekday. There are two medicines that are weekend-only pills. It ended up taking a lot longer than normal to get through the morning regimen, but we worked it out much better with the evening ones. The problem is that Krista has a small appetite, so she ends up getting full on pills which isn't good. She does a whole lot better when I stagger the pills as much as possible.

Glen and Jannelle came by again today but we were pretty boring company. Krista took a nap much of the afternoon, and I put in a few hours catching up on programming work that I haven't been able to get to all week. Tomorrow should be a more entertaining day, though, since we are expecting my sister-in-law Barbara and her daughters for a short visit in the morning, and then our boys will be coming down here to spend the afternoon with us. We are so excited to see them!

A number of people have asked me for the address where we're at now. I completely forgot to do that with all the activity this week. The address is:

Krista English
Room 160
900 Tiverton Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90024

I have also been frequently asked how long we will be here. I wish I knew. The most recent info I have is that the only thing keeping us here is the lack of a functional platelet factory. Once Krista starts producing her own, we should be able to go. Krista says that she knows her body and thinks that it will be a week or two. Thank you all for your incredible love and support until then!

[Jesus speaking] "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
(Matthew 11:28-30)

No comments: