Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 12: Better Sleep

It looks like the sleeping aid helped Krista last night. There were just as many interruptions, but they didn't disturb her as much as they had previously. She didn't get a migraine today. Thank you, Jesus, for small mercies!

It was actually a strangely nice morning in  a way. Last night when I ordered dinner for Krista, she asked if I would put in a breakfast order also. So, just after the nurses did their 8 am vitals check and an endocrinologist followed up on a small calcium deficiency they wanted to adjust, breakfast showed up and we were able to share some time together before I had to leave. 

I drove home to Santa Barbara to take care of some errands and to pick the boys up for a visit with Mom in the hospital. It took longer than I had hoped to get back on the road, so we didn't get to visit until 8 pm. Trevor played backgammon with Krista while I read a story Adam has been working on. The visit was a little taxing on poor Krista who isn't capable of handling the energy of our youngest right now -- she had been sleeping most of the day again. We'll try a visit again in tomorrow when Trevor's a little more calm. 

My mother, Jan, is planning on stopping by to take the kids back to Santa Barbara. It will be good to see her briefly. Glenn and Jannelle will be heading down to the hospital after Jan arrives in SB. So we'll get to see more of them too. 

But You, O Lord, are a shield about me, 
My glory, and the One who lifts my head. 
I was crying to the Lord with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah. 
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustains me. 
(Psalm 3:3-5)

1 comment:

Tom and Martha Schmidt said...

Hi Michael, Praise God prayers for need rest were answered. We also pray that God will continue to watch over Krista and place his healing had on her and restore her to good health. We also pray that calmness comes upon Trevor during his visit with her today. Everyone at church asked about Krista and we provided your posts to them each and every day. God bless you for all that you have done and we pray for comfort and encouragement as well. God bless you Michael.