Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adjusting

It's good to be back, but it always takes some some getting used to the change. I had a terrible sleep last night, waking up quite a bit, and Krista had a tough morning. She was aching and having stomach trouble again, but these were normal symptoms for her at this point.

Krista's father, Tom, drove up from Phoenix this afternoon to help out. He'll be here until Sunday. Tom got right to work and trimmed up our backyard very nicely. Thanks for helping us out!

It's been a while since Krista's been able to do much walking, being connected to an IV in the hospital the past few days. She was getting up to use the commode, but the danger is that she might start losing muscle mass again. Before the hospital visit, Krista was walking daily to our mailbox and back. Today, she managed to make it two-and-a-half houses down the street and back! I think that's amazing considering the recent inactivity. We followed it up by giving her some Physique to help minimize post-exercise muscle pain. This evening Krista has been feeling much better.

The Suttons brought us beef stroganoff for dinner tonight. Krista was able to have a nice visit with Jenny before she left. The meal was really good, and made it much easier for me to get to finish up some work later in the evening. Hopefully we'll get a better sleep tonight to get a better start on the day tomorrow.

To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
(Psalm 3:4-5)

No comments: