Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quick Update

Kayexolate has helped Krista's weakness, at least temporarily. She was up and walking around this morning. She even got in and out of the bath by herself again, though she noticed this time that if she didn't do it exactly right getting out was impossible.

Ricky's sermon this morning was on handling the pressures of life -- a very relevant topic to me. It was funny because I had just blogged yesterday about how I felt like I was going to need help -- and one of the points in the message is that sometimes you just have to ask for help. So that's what I did today. I know that feeding my family is going to be one of the more difficult items for me to manage, and many people have expressed interest in bringing us meals. Cheryl Giordani had organized meals for us while Krista was in the first time, and she had said to let her know when we were ready to start up again. So today I let her know that I was ready after my sister leaves on Friday. She sent me a message earlier tonight saying that nearly 20 people are already signed up! That is just so amazing. I don't want to publish her phone number or email here, but if you're local and interested in helping out let me know and I'll forward you the contact info.

We go to UCLA bright and early tomorrow, so I'm going to cut this short. Please pray that the endocrinologist will have wisdom and insight into this strange elevated potassium problem.

[Solomon writing] My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
(Proverbs 2:1-6)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'd be happy to join the meal rotation list. Please forward my info on

jenelle-sb AT cox.net