Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Worked Out

Yesterday's post had to be brief because I had a deadline to meet today at work. I stayed up very late, but got everything done. The main problem was one that was one that we had known about for a long time, but couldn't find a solution for. God brought me just the right answer when I needed it, and the old problem is pretty much eliminated.

This morning our home-care nurse came over to administer the weekly IVIG dose. We're getting close to the 100-day post-transfusion marker, at which point the IVIG doses will end. There's some debate right now as to when the last dose will be. The 100 days ends May 8, and UCLA says that the dose should continue until then. The nurse says that insurance authorized her to continue through next Monday, April 27. UCLA said that they'll get it worked out.

Krista's bladder problem is continuing to get worse. There was a small amount of blood and some tiny blood clots in her urine today, and there were episodes of really intense pain also. The local oncologist finally worked things out with the local urologist, and Krista has an appointment Friday morning. Since the blood was new today, they also took a new urine specimen. Krista was going to take her second dose of bactrim today but didn't; and because she didn't take it she learned that the bactrim wasn't responsible for the strange symptoms she's having. So though it does make her feel yucky, the horrible yucky is just because of adding the regular yucky on top of the bladder stuff. I don't know if that's going to make it any easier for her tomorrow, since she's going to be taking it then.

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure
(Psalm 16:7-9)

No comments: