Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Guest Writer

Hi Everyone,

Krista has had terrible pain today and is unable to make her normal post -- or even dictate it. So I (Mike) am going to write it for her.

Praise God for small mercies... the eye patch did the trick, and the moisturizers have helped ease the pain. In the eyes, at least. No more eye patch needed!

But, today brought on a new set of symptoms: mouth inflammation with blistering gums, and a migraine headache. Once again, there doesn't seem to be any relief for either of these. The inflammation has made it difficult for her to eat. The headache was so bad that when I saw her earlier, she could hardly hold her head up even though her eyes were able to open about half-way. They eventually gave her a CAT scan to check for bleeding in the brain -- the scan came out negative.

As the new painful trial began, Krista discovered that the power-supply to her laptop went out. Frustrated with this onslaught of problems with all her facilities for communication (eyes, mouth, computer) -- "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10) -- she managed to get one last email out to the homeschooling list: does anyone have an extra power-supply? Within minutes of posting the request, Cheryl G. (without checking her email) felt like she should call Krista to find out how she was doing. Krista told her about her frustrations and Cheryl "happened" to have the right power-supply!

We don't believe in coincidences. This is just a small example of God demonstrating His love for Krista, even in the smallest of things. He cares about the big and small things in your life, too! He's just a prayer away. What will you trust Him for today?

I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.

You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place.

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief.

--Psalm 31:7-9 (from the Psalm that God showed Krista in a dream durring her meager 2 hours of sleep last night)

No comments: