Monday, October 13, 2008

Sun Rise on a New Day

If you are not from Santa Barbara, then you might think I'm wrong when I say that I woke up to a beautiful sunrise which appears over the ocean. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west and you are picturing the west as all facing the Pacific Ocean which means the sun sets in it. True, but Santa Barbara is one of those rare, south facing beaches. So at one angle it looks like the sun is rising over the ocean...the landscape curves around and I was actually seeing it rise over the land but it all blends together so beautifully and stretches over the ocean as well. Not a cloud in the sky today, but you could see fog around the Channel Islands and it is all just so breath-taking. Can't wait to be out there again, running at the beach, taking the kids to the beach, hiking in the Spring at Seven Falls. Some day...

I can only sleep in 1 1/2 hour increments at night. Very frustrating. Partly it's due to pain, partly due to nurses having to change antibiotic bags on the IV and later in the a.m. doing blood draws, partly due to floating nurse's aides who didn't know to not take vitals because the nurses so kindly allow me to sleep by doing it when they do my blood draws. So, there I was not able to sleep until 1 or 1:30 a.m., woken up at 2 a.m. from pain, 3:30 a.m. pain, 4:30 a.m. vitals, 6 a.m. blood draws and pain, by 7 a.m. I was up for good.

So that's my night. I hope my day goes better today. My Doctor Wolliver is back from his week off and is hopefully going to help me get to the bottom of my intense mouth pain which is the root of all the head/neck/face/jaw pain I've been having.

Lamentations 3:22-24

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

This speaks to where I'm at this morning. If you missed my last post because you don't frequent the computer on the weekend, please don't miss it. Another reason I've kept this post short today.

No comments: