Saturday, October 4, 2008

Posting with the Help of Mike

My eyes showed a little improvement in that I could close them and not be suffering. I am currently typing this blog post with my eyes shut. (Very Dr. Seusian of me!) My husband is here to fix any errors before I send it off though :)

The pain was so bad last night before an early bedtime for me that I required medication to get through it and it helped me immensely, but left a strangely alert sleep in its wake. I was up every hour to two feeling relaxed, but it was a false sense of restfulness come morning.

I actually managed to get on a Coast-to-Coast conference call which we do every other week for our business at 7:30 a.m. Unfortunately I was not all there and fell asleep due to the medication, and woke up a half hour later with my cell battery dying. Once I plugged back in and redialed, I caught the last 5 minutes. I'm glad they said they were archiving the call (little did they know I was one who would need that service today!)

So all day long I have been resting my eyes which is an improvement over yesterday because I couldn't even close my eyes without excruciating discomfort. Hopefully more improvement will come and I'll be able to open them. If there is no improvement by Monday, they might do a spinal tap to rule out leukemic cells in the CNS fluid, but that's very unlikely. I don't think my doctor will want to do that unless certain other symptoms exist, which they don't. He just happened to leave for the week out of town yesterday.

Remember when I told you that the room service is catered to your door breakfast, lunch and dinner? Sometimes, the tray even makes it past the threshold and right to my bedside - those are great times! Well, I just learned why I am finding the food SO outstanding this time around... it's like eating at a Four Season Restaurant every day (off their healthy menu of course)! Only in Santa Barbara would you have such high quality "hospital" food. Apparently, a couple of years ago, the head chef at the Four Seasons Biltmore came on as Cottage Hospital's head chef. HE kept the same menus they've had for years, but tweaked them with his own creative flair, new and better spices and flavors and even the presentation is great. There are other restaurants out there people, so stay away from this secret sweet spot unless you absolutely NEED it.

So how did everyone spend their soccer-free Saturday? My family came in to see me and the boys watched a movie in the Family Room. Later they're going down to the cafeteria for their dinner while I eat mine. Feel free to comment on how you spent your day this weekend. Did anyone go tot the Avacado Festival? They're having free bone marrow donor testing and registration at the Avacado Festival and our friend Dominic Balli was playing there last night - did anyone catch his soulful reggae? Friends who went on the field trip to Anacapa Island, how was that yesterday?

Help me, O Lord my God;
save me in accordance with your love.
Let them know that it is your hand,
that You, O Lord, have done it.
Psalm 108:26-27

No comments: