Thursday, October 16, 2008

Huge news...

White blood counts shot up to 5.6 (5,600)! Normal is 3.0 (3,000)! This means I'm no longer nuetropenic, that I can eat raw foods, and that I can go home! Told you it was huge news.

My red blood cells dropped to 8.1 and platelets are slowly climbing on their own at 31k. They don't want to do any transfusions because my marrow is doing such a good job making cells and there are risks that go along with transfusions. They'd also like to save those units for people who really need them. So today I'm going to get one more shot of Nupogen (for white blood cells) and a shot of Procrit (for stimulating the bone marrow to grow red blood cells). My bone pain was really bad late last night which made me know that my white blood cells would be good this morning! I don't look forward to it tonight though. I have been sleeping all morning catching up on what I couldn't get last night.

So, when can I go home?! My doctor said as early as tomorrow (Friday!) But they might wait until Saturday if my red blood drops again in the a.m. We shall see. They want to get me out of here now that my white blood cells are normal because I'm safer at home they told me. I said, "Have you been to my house?!" ha...

Here is the warning for you all...just because I'll be home does not mean I'll be back to my normal self and can just get up and go. I'll need lots of rest still and will be experiencing pain that can't be fixed by pushing a nurse's call button. But I'll get to eat my own raw foods and I'm grateful for that!

Here are some verses from Psalm 118 which blessed me:

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever...

5 In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free.
6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. Wht can man do to me?
7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper...

13 I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and my song; has has been my salvation.
15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous; "The Lord's right hand has done might things!...

17 I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done...

28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you.
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

4 comments:

Michael English said...

That is soooooo cool. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your white blood count has gone up! <3

Anonymous said...

i <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~@#%$^&*()(Y%**R%$%$%$&$$%#@$@#(that's alien language)

Anonymous said...

Martha said
God bless you, it is such good news!
Your house is clean (except the LEGO room) as Tom and I changed all the sheets, cleaned the kitchen, mopped floors, caught up on all the laundry. The boys cleaned their rooms and the closets and now each have a special place for their soccer gear in their rooms.
We had a good time with the boys (they even let me give them haircuts)and were thrilled to get to see you...
Love
Martha and Dad