Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Provisions

Krista had a rough day starting out. The stomach pains and nausea were so frustrating to her she thought it might never end. But I prayed with her through it and by the late afternoon when I had to go into work, she was feeling much better. When she feels better, she sometimes gets random bouts of extreme hunger that come out of nowhere and must be satisfied quickly or she gets nauseated. It's the strangest thing.

Adam's fever broke this morning, but he still had a stuffy nose and wasn't feeling recovered. He rested all day, except for taking a bath tonight. When I put him to bed tonight, though, he felt warm. I took his temperature and it was back up to 101F. Trevor has been fine, so he was able to go to park day with the Martons. On my way out to work, our neighbor Michelle stopped me and gave me a newspaper article on MasterCare Home Cleaning Services in Goleta. According to the article, MasterCare has a program to help women with cancer by "arranging house cleaning at no charge". They require certification from an oncologist, but other than that there are no restrictions. That sounds fantastic! I'll give them a call as soon as I can to see how it works. Linda Kitt brought us taco dinner tonight, along with a whole bunch of extra staples. I was so relieved because I ended up working until almost 7 p.m. and was able to get everyone fed really quickly. God bless you all! These things all help make things go so much better.

[Jesus speaking] "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."
(Luke 12:27-31)

No comments: