Monday, May 4, 2009

Rapid Backpedaling

It's strange to get start the day off with a nurse visit at home, but we're getting a little used to it. I have to take the antibiotic bag out of the refrigerator at 6 am, and then I can go back to sleep for a little. Krista seemed to sleep through the dose this morning, though she was up for at least some of it. The saline flush seems to cause her a lot of pain that she never had when she had the Groshong line in.

Krista slept in while I cleaned up the house after the kids went to Artios. Krista woke up and rested on the couch while I went to get her prescriptions refilled. She seemed to be doing fine, so I got lunch ready for her so I could step out to work for a while. I called her regularly to make sure she was doing OK, and Alyssa came over around 3 pm to hang out and let the kids play together. That's why I was surprised around 5:30 pm to hear that she wasn't feeling good, and a short time later to hear that she had thrown up. I got home as quick as I could -- and Marilyn had shown up early to get the evening antibiotic going. Krista eventually got some sleep while the antibiotic went in. Her stomach stayed upset into the evening, but at least she got some rest. If she starts up again, I'll need to take her in to the emergency room -- but for now that doesn't look necessary.

[Job speaking] "For sighing comes to me instead of food;
my groans pour out like water.
(Job 3:24)

No comments: