Saturday, May 2, 2009

Surprise

My predictions are getting better: today was a rough day for Krista. There was lots of aching, and she needed to rest most of the day. It's not surprising given how much activity she had yesterday. Hopefully she'll feel better in a day or two.

Krista started getting IV antibiotics today. We had quite a surprise when we found out that the administering nurse was our friend Marilyn from Buellton. We haven't seen her since we moved three years ago. Krista's cough was a bit "scratchy" in her upper lungs for some reason today. Marilyn and the nurse coordinator were concerned about pneumonia (even though antibiotics should cover that), and recommended some breathing exercises in addition to her twice a day dose of antibiotics. It looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of Marilyn over the next ten days.

We had chatted with Jennelle previously on email, but today we actually got to meet her when she brought a taco dinner over for us. Tom bought some more baseboard material to finish up what he had been working on. This afternoon, I took the kids to see the Artios production of The Princess And The Pea. They both enjoy the regular Artios drama class so much they want to join their drama club next year. It's great to have their interest peaked!

But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
O my Strength, I sing praise to you;
you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.
(Psalm 59:16-17)

No comments: