Monday, May 11, 2009

Wrap Up

Our kids finished up the semester at Artios Academies, and today they had an end-of-year program which was really neat. All the students demonstrated projects they had worked on -- performing music, drama, speeches. They showed movies they put together and displayed history-influenced artwork. Krista really wanted to be there for it, and even though she wasn't feeling good we all went. Everyone was glad to see her out, and Laura Teel even went out to get her a snack to help settle her stomach. Krista couldn't make it through the whole program, but she really enjoyed what she saw. The kids wanted to stay, so they came home with the Steffens. Thanks for helping us out last minute like that!

My mother came up from Carlsbad today. Traffic was unusually good, so she got here in record time. I'm so glad to have her up again, because it freed me up to take care of some things at work that I couldn't take care of remotely. I went in late, but managed to get it all done -- at least the work for today. Thanks Mom!

Krista had her last IV antibiotic tonight. I can't wait to see her start to improve. That medicine has just wiped her out so bad. I suppose it may take a day or so to adjust out of it -- and tomorrow is another bactrim day, so that might make the change harder to notice. You can all pray for her to feel better and stronger.

Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.
(Psalm 5:1-3)

No comments: