Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Eve

Last night I stayed up WAY too late just because my mind would not stop. I rested most of today in that state of almost falling asleep, but never quite taking a nap -- even until 4:00 pm! Finally, I got my shower and cleaned up before 2 of our kids' friends arrived at 5 p.m. for a backyard campout.

I made them typical camping fare of hotdogs, baked beans, salad and potato chips, topping it off with gourmet s'mores -- graham cracker, toasted marshmallow and Nutella (the secret ingredient). Thinking I'd join in the fun, I ate the same meal and now have a headache to go with it. Could be all the noise too. I decided to pull out something that we've not taken out for a couple years -- Speed Stacking. We had a little workshop to show the kids how to do it and they had a great time learning their new skill. Beginners slam the cups a little too hard so it was a little loud for a while. But they got the hang of it by the end. As delighted and enthusiastic as they were with this activity, I can see a cup stacking club being formed in the future!

Now the boys are in the tent and I'm glad they are having so much fun, but golly how to unplug them before long!? Being a girl, and an only child at that, I never knew the sound of fun...it's quite noisy! Pillow fighting, someone might get hurt, yelling into walkie talkies because all you can hear is static...I never knew any of that, hence the headache. Boys, glorious noise!

It's Father's Day and you know what THAT means! Another holiday for me to fall behind. The gift I wanted to get Mike for being the Best Father of the Year was just way too expensive for us right now, but then I found an alternative of the same idea that was only a small fraction of the cost. Unfortunately, I didn't find that option until Friday so he'll be receiving his gift late. Maybe we'll celebrate Father's Day all month since he deserves it so much.

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable day tomorrow with the fathers in your life.

Ephesians 1:15-21

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

No comments: