Monday, June 15, 2009

When in Battle, Eat Cheese

I went to bed late last night, but that can't account for the amount of tiredness I had today! I woke up around 7:30 a.m. and by 8:45 a.m. had a bowl of cereal for breakfast. By 9:30 a.m. I was out like a light until almost 12 p.m.! It was like an extreme sleepiness that I couldn't wake myself up from. I managed to meander to the kitchen to make us a little lunch.

After that things picked up and the kids and I did our Spanish lesson and daily poetry memorization, which they love. We're having a great time this summer playing catch up and doing some new things that we never got a chance to do because of my transplant.

They went to Vacation Bible School tonight at our church, which gave Mike and I a chance (no matter how tired I was) to attend a parent meeting at the Artios Academy. Those integrative art/music/drama/history classes won't begin until September, but we're really looking forward to it! The kids are going to also join the theater club because they were so impressed with the productions of Robin Hood and the Princess and the Pea last spring that they wanted to be a part of it this Fall. Good job, Viviane!

Mike's macaroni and cheese (actually Ina Garten's) turned out very good. And faithful Jenny Sutton brought us a delicious looking pasta dish that had chicken with mozzarella on top and a tomato sauce, plus a salad and homemade tapioca pudding and fresh whipped cream. We're saving that for tomorrow!

I told you I'm obsessed with cheese, and I confess to daily homemade nachos. Of course, you all know, through reading my blog, the daily battles I have and do face. It was only appropo that I run across this handy verse to justify eating all this cheese. Now see the parrallel of being in battle and the command to bring them cheese. (And remember I'm tired! Have mercy on me, I know this is shamefully out of context, but I thought it was funny that they actually took along ten cheeses, imagine!)

1 Samuel 17:17-19

Now Jesse said to his son David, "Take this ephah of roasted grain and these ten loaves of bread for your brothers and hurry to their camp. Take along these ten cheeses to the commander of their unit. See how your brothers are and bring back some assurance from them. They are with Saul and all the men of Israel in the Valley of Elah, fighting against the Philistines."

No comments: