Friday, June 19, 2009

Thank God for Everyday


I was going to thank God it's Friday, but that's so cliche and when I stopped to think about it, I can truly say I thank God for everyday. As I suspected, my day started well with an early wake up, ready to go, no pain, good energy to do clutter pickup before my friend came over with her 2-year-old Matthew and her 9-month old German Shepherd, Osage.

Osage was GREAT! I've never met a brighter and sweeter dog than Osage, pronounced 0-sage or o-wise-one. So if for some reason Heather, you can't keep Osage, please put us on top of your list as potential caregiver. As it is, Heather said we could babysit anytime she has to be out of the house for 4-6 hours instead of keeping her in her kennel that long. The dog loved Adam and Trevor, and the kids LOVED her. I think I've heard 4 or 5 times, "When can Osage come back?" or "When are we going to babysit Osage next?" We got to keep Osage for a couple hours after Heather left at lunch to take her daughter out for her birthday. It was so fun to pretend we had a dog and she was the hit of the neighborhood because of how well she listened and how calm she was for only 9-months-old.

I was pretty tired at the end of the day -- no more than usual -- so I had Mike bring home a pizza before the kids' last night at VBS at church. We took them ourselves this evening (every nightthis week Katherine Marton drove them to VBS, while the Steffen Family took them home.) Being the last night, it was with great pleasure that I was able to see the final worship time, drama skit and fabulous video of the children's participation that took place all week. Thank you Katherine and Alyssa & Cory for making the nightly VBS-committment possible for our children.

Thank you readers for all your prayers! My graft-vs-host disease has improved greatly over the last 2 days--the medication took quick effect. You can direct your prayers toward Mike's behalf since it's Father's Day this weekend (and what a father he is!) Pray that he'll have a very special weekend and feel refreshed and encouraged.

Psalm 66:18-20

If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;

but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer.

Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!

No comments: