Monday, June 22, 2009

No More Driving Mrs. Daisy, I Mean English

I did it! I drove the car for the first time since December '08! The kids and I were excited about the adventure and the fact that I had good energy this morning. I made us all chicken salad sandwhiches with our leftover chicken, and put together a lunch for Mike. I had planned to surprise him by bringing him lunch to work after dropping the guys off at the golf course which is halfway between the house and his workplace. But as we were leaving Mike pulled up ready to give the boys a ride to their golf class. Adam ran out and told him to "go back to work! Mom's driving us!" I think Adam was trying to protect mom from becoming disappointed which I was because Mike foiled our plans! Instead I sent them on with him so he could go back to work and I could get some more things done during that time.

I did drive though by picking them up at 3 pm even though I was more fatigued than I had been earlier. No problem though - I didn't feel tired driving. Since I was out and about for the first time and since Mike's Drum Shop was having a Zildjian Cymbals show and sale with giveaways and contests from 3-8 pm, we headed to downtown to check it out. I got Adam's birthday gift without him watching and together we picked out an early b-day present of a needed crash cymbal for 50% off - awesome deal! We were one of the first ones there, but it doesn't take but one other person wailing away on those cymbals to send my nerves into a frizzy. It was so loud in the cymbal room, I had to get out of there quickly! After the drive home, I was pretty drained of my remaining energy. So we just put on our La Clase Divertida DVD lesson and let the kids learn los colores.

Now that I am making more progress every week and am much more stable, I am feeling a tug to slow down the blog to bi-weekly updates for you. I don't want you to get bored with the daily activities of our family life when the ups and downs are becoming more modulated. I go to UCLA every 2 weeks right now and will update you when there is anything interesting or specific prayer requests are needed. After that I'll go to monthly reports. I just don't want to cut you diehards off cold-turkey!

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments: