Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I've Got Title Block! Blank! Nothing! Nada!

I woke up early this morning at 6:15 and got a shower which left me with some quiet time to just sit and pray before the kids woke up. I felt better this morning and had more energy than usual, even enjoying my first cup of coffee since December. Darlee, that Starbuck's Holiday Blend you got me still tastes great after all this time (stored in the freezer)...thanks!

By lunchtime, my chronic GVHD started to flare up with extreme fatigue and itchy dry eyes and chin. The doctor emailed me right back this morning instructing me to go back up to 50 mg of cyclosporine and double my prednisone to 10 mg, just as I suspected. The prednisone is to get rid of the rash quickly and the cyclosporine is to suppress the immune system to get the GVHD under control. I need to report back in 2 days to let him know if it improves. And Thursday I get to see Dr. Wolliver, my local oncologist for a mid-month check-up.

The kids did an outstanding job today with great attitudes. Adam tackled his checklist like a champ and even spent some personal time with God reading his Bible on his bed without being "told," while Trevor was able to turn himself around quickly from his desire to argue/disagree/or disobey. A sweet change from yesterday. He also did his checklist without prompting, yay! Someday they will read this blog, so I'm tooting their horn from time to time because they are such great kids after all.

Speaking of my kids, Trevor is a funny one. Today I was talking about dog breeds and he asked me, "How do you know?" which, at first thought, sounded quite rude. I responded, "What do you mean? Do you believe me? Trevor, do you trust me? Do you like your Mama?" (Ok, I was really thinking the kid did not respect me for a moment there - like I must not know a thing.) He says he believes me, trusts me and likes me, but he just wants to know how I know. He's being literal here...he really wants to know how I come into this fascinating information, and where can he learn that? He is a curious little bug at 7 1/2 years old!

I hope you all are growing stronger in your walk with the Lord and not too busy to spend some quiet time reflecting on all He's done in your life. If you don't have a relationship with the Lord or you are living for yourself, don't waste another day! Turn to Jesus, and meet the One who loves you so much that He was willing to die on a cross for your sin, the sin you inherited from your forefathers all the way back to Adam and Eve! Life is too short not to get to know your Creator before you meet Him face-to-face. And, getting to know Him now will make all the difference when the time comes for you to "really" need Him, I promise you. The hurried, rushed life so many of us lead will never satisfy the longings in your heart. Turn to the Lord Jesus because only He can meet that peace and true joy which you seek.

Psalm 119:36-38

Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word.

Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.

No comments: