Monday, June 8, 2009

"It's a New Dawn, It's a New Day...

...it's a new life for me, and I'm feeeeelin' goooood, at least that's how the song goes!" That was my Facebook status this morning. I woke up feeling better than I have in awhile. So I got a shower first thing (so as not to let it wear off). I wasn't sure if the "feeeeelin' gooooood" part would last the whole day. If you're unfamiliar with the song "Feeling Good" please click on the link to hear it and get it stuck in your head forever too - it's a favorite of mine!

In fact, I did feel good for the most part. There were 3 or 4 distinct times of sleepiness, nothing a quick nap didn't fix. I was able to clear 2 clutter spots and make lunch and clean up the kitchen a little, aside from interacting with my kids all day and spending time on the computer.

My hip still hurts a little but it was better than yesterday. I am going to wait to start my "power walking" until that is all the way healed.

Here's a bit of hilarity for you...I got my doughnut this morning! I suppose after reading yesterday's blog Mike eased up on the restriction and took us all to Eller's Donuts this morning to pick out our favorite fried sugar bread delicacy. That's what I thought anyway before I actually choked down that doughnut. I bought a plain doughnut and a glazed one because I couldn't decide, so I ate exactly 1/2 of each to make up a whole. Bleck! Mike was right. It wasn't worth it, but having waited 7 or 8 years since my last doughnut, I had to find out for myself and put that craving to bed! Now I'm on to the next one: Solvang's Olsen's Bakery's Cheese Danish AND while I'm there, Paula's Pancake House Danish Combo (Danish pancakes w/strawberries and a Danish sausage for my needed protein) YUMMMM, now this craving is real and that food would be very satisfying...it's only been about 4-5 years since I've been there so I remember! The good news is Mike's mom is here and has to go to the Union Bank of California and the only local location is in SOLVANG! Yeah, baby, breakfast tomorrow is in Solvang!

Thank you Jenny Sutton and family for the wonderful Sutton Family Tacos and yummy salad tonight! You are so faithful to bring us a weekly meal. We appreciate you and congratulations again to Philip on his graduation this weekend!
Pray for me! The life and death stuff is easy to trust God and live for Christ. It's the day-to-day mundane of life that is really where the struggles lie. You know that to be true for yourself, don't you?

1 John 2:15-17

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

AMEN!

No comments: