Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Krista's ups and downs had her down this morning. The "traditional" camping foods didn't agree with her stomach and the excitement of the boys night camping put her over the edge into a migraine last night that continued well into the morning. When the boys and I got home from church, I learned that she had thrown up everything back to last night's dinner -- and then she began to feel better. She thinks it may have been the potato chips that started the stomach shutdown, since those were the first things she consumed. The strange thing is that the antidote to her nauseous feelings is nachos. As she said, "'nachos' is Spanish for 'not feeling sick!'"

For Father's Day, Adam gave me his Cold Stone coupon so I could have a "cool summer". Trevor made me some nice cards. And Krista ordered me a portable gas grill that has been getting rave reviews. It should be here in time for our upcoming date night at the end of the month where we'll be seeing the Les Miserables at Solvang's Theaterfest. Thanks guys for a special day!

The second half of the day, we got to babysit Osage, the Weitzel's German Shepherd. It was Heather's 40th birthday (Happy Birthday, Heather!), and they didn't want to leave the dog alone all day. The boys have such a good time with her, and she is so responsive to them, too. Having her over is helping us to know more of what we want in a dog as well.

Krista was feeling better in the evening. Pray that she'll be all better tomorrow and that she might have a really strong week.

On my bed I remember You;
I think of You through the watches of the night.
Because You are my help,
I sing in the shadow of Your wings.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.
(Psalm 63:6-8)

No comments: