Friday, June 12, 2009

Half-And-Half

Hi again... it's Mike back to writing. Krista wasn't feeling as good today so I'm stepping up to do the daily update.

On Saturday, the Homesteaders are having their annual used-curriculum sale. Krista was hoping she would have picked out her items to sell last night, but she was too tired from all the activity she's been doing lately. Really it's been amazing how good she's done this week. This morning when she woke up she went right to the books -- pulling them off the shelf, pricing them out, and boxing them up. Three boxes!

Krista has been craving gumbo all week, but it hadn't worked out for us to have it until today. So this morning when I woke up, I went right to it, cooking the roux, frying the sausage, chopping the veggies, and loading it all into the crockpot. It's a nice meal to make for a day at work because it just cooks all day and you just add the shrimp and rice before eating.

It's been great having Mom around this week. She's been cleaning, cooking, shopping, picking lemons and oranges, etc. All the stuff that's hard for me to get to. Today she also took the boys to a birthday party and Krista to get some more fruits and veggies at Fairview Gardens. They were also going to go to drop off the books for the curriculum sale, but Krista was still wiped out from this week's activity so she just napped through the afternoon. Mom did some more laundry and yard work -- and I think that wore her out, too. Thanks Mom!

But [the Lord] said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

No comments: